Thursday, November 25, 2010

Fix Ubuntu 10.10 Sony Vaio Sleep/Hibernate Issue

I have a new sony vaio F series and I have struggled to get the sleep and hibernate to work. I finally found a solution today at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/522998/comments/30.

Here is the solution copied from the above link.


create files : /etc/pm/config.d/00sleep_module and /etc/pm/config.d/unload_module
add line to files : SUSPEND_MODULES="xhci-hcd"


I hope this helps if you are having the issue too.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks! Resolved in Lenovo T61.

    Pedro

    ReplyDelete
  2. very good! worked for my vaio VPCF13BFX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting. I tried to add your RSS to my feed reader and it a few. take a look at it, hopefully I can add you and follow.










    Agile Coaching

    ReplyDelete